The mission of Advent Christian Village is to express Christ’s Love …
… by providing compassionate care and quality comprehensive services for senior adults, families with special needs, and children, within a secure, supportive residential setting, and in the surrounding communities.
To Senior Adults
Advent Christian Village is not just another retirement community. It is, first and foremost, a ministry whose purpose is to express Christ’s love to those we serve. We want this ministry to be available to all, no matter their income level. ACV’s full continuum of care is available to everyone, not just those with large nest eggs. Those who have the means pay for their care, but those who have outlived their resources are offered assistance with basic necessities. Many of those requiring assistance are retired ministers and missionaries who dedicated their lives to Christian service, surrendering the opportunity to gain material wealth.
Many of the things that make ACV unique can be attributed to its benevolent ministry, which is made possible with gifts from many faithful friends. The generosity of many individuals, churches and organizations enables ACV to provide help to many worthy individuals.
Each month, approximately 300 Advent Christian Village members with limited resources are given assistance with the cost of basic necessities. They are also able to benefit from the full continuum of care available at ACV. Based upon need, individual Village members may receive assistance with:
- Village Medical Services
- Support Services
- Personal Care
- Home Health Care
- Medical Transportation
- Assisted Living/Skilled Nursing Care
See We Invite You to Join Us in Ministry below to learn how you can contribute to this assistance.
To Families in Need and Children
In addition, Advent Christian Village continues to serve children and families with special needs through the benevolent ministry. We take seriously the Lord’s call to care for widows and orphans, and we believe that in today’s world, that also includes single mothers, foster children and families who need help getting back on their feet. The love of Christ is expressed through the following practical ministries:
- Active Advent Christian pastors and their families who are in need of respite benefit from counseling and housing as they work toward returning to ministry.
- Single parent families and families in crisis are offered a variety of services to help them through difficult times of transition.
- Adventure Camp gives foster children an opportunity to experience the typical joys of childhood, through a series of weekend retreats customized to meet their specific needs. They also learn essential life skills they may not otherwise acquire.
- Leadership Development Training equips high school students with the leadership skills necessary to face their futures with confidence and to become competent, ethical leaders in their college careers, vocations and personal lives.
- Assistance is provided for daycare and a summer day camp program to care for children while their parents work.
- Camp scholarships assist children and teens to attend Camp Suwannee.
- Educational scholarships provide opportunities for students to further their education.
We Invite You to Join Us in Ministry
For more than 100 years, Advent Christian Village has compassionately served people in the name of Christ. This has only been possible because thousands of individuals, organizations and churches empower ACV’s current ministry and secure its future by generously giving of their resources. Gifts include, cash, stocks, bonds and other securities, bequests and planned gifts as well as Fifth Sunday offerings from Advent Christian Churches across the US. Earnings from endowment funds provide an additional source of revenue.
We invite you to partner with this ministry by prayerfully considering what you can give to enable ACV to continue helping needy individuals in Christ’s name. You can make a dramatic difference in the lives of those we serve. Please send your gift to:
Advent Christian Village, PO Box 4305, Dowling Park, FL 32064
For more information on planned giving, please contact Darleen Hinrichs, Senior Director of Donor Relations, at 1-800-714-3134 or DHinrichs@ACVillage.net.