Director of Nursing - LTC
Location: Good Samaritan Center
- Directly or indirectly supervise all nursing department staff for 161 SNF; participate in staff recruiting / hiring process; ensure staff meet all requirements for hire & CE requirements for continued employment.
- Ensure exceptional standards in clinical care, training & education, department policies & procedures are met; ensure all federal & state requirements are met.
- Ensure adequate resident & staff supply inventory; evaluate new products as needed.
- Consult with MD/APRN/PA about resident care; ensure provider orders are followed; ensure resident progress notes are accurate and consistent with provider orders
- Serve on RM / QI committee and others that affect nursing care delivery to residents, including infection control, safety, ethics, policy & procedure, psychotropic use, falls/restraint reduction, and pharmaceuticals.
- Assist NHA in budget planning/implementation & strategic planning.
- Respond to all emergency situations that may affect health/safety of residents and security of facility building.
- Extensive knowledge of acceptable standards of nursing practice required, including APCI, CDC, NPUAP, AHCPR, professional journals, clinical texts, conferences, seminars, & other reputable sources.
- Must be licensed to practice nursing in FL (unrestricted RN), master’s degree in nursing preferred; 5 years’ prior supervisory/management experience required; successful AHCA & JHCO surveys strongly preferred.
How to Apply: In order to apply for employment with Advent Christian Village, fill out an employment application and physically deliver it to ACV either through the mail or by dropping it off. Every employee of ACV is subjected to a background check, so your hand-written signature is required in two places on the application. Unsigned applications may not be considered. Applications may be picked up at the personnel office or downloaded from this website. In order to download the application, submit the pre-authorization form (at right), and you will be taken to a page that includes a link to download the application.
Benefits Available: Full-time employment includes paid time off, medical/dental/vision/life insurance. Benefits for all staff include competitive wages, employer-matching retirement, scholarship assistance, help with license renewals, paid continuing education units, onsite day care availability, onsite fitness facility discount, and the opportunity to join a service-oriented Christian organization. Great working environment! EOE/DFW. Criminal background verification required.