What We Believe
The Village Church is located in the heart of Advent Christian Village, near Live Oak. Our active and caring congregation is made up of both members of our faith-based senior living community and our neighbors from nearby communities.
The following is a guide of the foundational beliefs held by The Village Church:
- We believe the Bible, consisting of the Old and New Testaments, is the only inspired, inerrant, infallible and authoritative Word of God.
- We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless Life, in His miracles, in His vicarious, substitutionary, and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father where He intercedes for us as our High Priest and Mediator.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by Whose indwelling power and fullness the Christian is enabled to live a godly life in this present evil world.
- We believe that the Church is an institution of Divine origin which includes all true believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe that baptism and the Lord’s Supper are the only ordinances of the church.
- We believe that man was created for immortality but that it was forfeited through the fall of Adam and that only through personal faith in Christ by the regeneration of the Holy Spirit will that immortality be restored.
- We believe that death is a condition of unconsciousness for all people.
- We believe that Jesus will come again personally and visibly at the end of this age to judge the living and the dead and to establish His eternal kingdom on the earth made new.
- We believe in the resurrection of the saved and the lost; that at the judgment those who are saved will receive the full promise of eternal life and those who are lost will be justly punished in hell eventually resulting in the extinction of being.
- We believe Bible prophecy has indicated that we live in the last days and, therefore, the responsibility of the church is to proclaim the return of Christ and urge those who are unsaved to receive Him as their personal Lord and Savior.
Join us at The Village Church
Looking for a place to worship? we invite you to join us at The Village Church. If you’re interested in experiencing how our beliefs are present in everything we do, we invite you to worship with us or contact our staff.