Valentine’s Day Date Idea for Seniors in North Florida
Valentine’s Day is the perfect occasion to spend some time with your sweetheart and enjoy a quiet meal, movie date or fun outdoor activity. Even if your significant other has been your valentine for many years, it can still be a great reason to plan a nice outing and spend quality time together.
Getting out is an important part of aging. Not only does it give you a chance to reconnect with your loved one, but it also gives you valuable exercise, social interaction and quality time together. Especially as you age, spending time together doing the things you love becomes more and more important. Make date night a regular part of your routine, and use these ideas as inspiration.
Date Ideas in North Florida
These date ideas in the North Florida area can be the perfect way to enjoy each other’s company for the day.
- Wander the downtown area of Live Oak, Fl and pop into the many specialty shops and grab a bite to eat. – Live Oak, FL
- Plan for dinner at The 406 on Duval. This restaurant accepts reservations so be sure to call ahead. – Live Oak, FL
- Visit Heritage Park and Gardens, a 90-acre park on the eastern side of town. Enjoy walking trails, landscape gardens, a disc golf course, and more. – Live Oak, FL
- Eat at Big Wood BBQ & Grill and enjoy their BBQ cuisine and American fare. – Live Oak, FL
- Pack a picnic lunch and spend the day at Alligator State Park. Stroll the more than 2 miles of walking trails. – Lake City, FL
- Shop at Webb’s Antique Mall where you can peruse antiques. This large building has pretty much everything that could be on your wish list. – Lake City, FL
- Take a bike ride in the Suwanee River Greenway in Branford or at one of the three loops at the Suwanee Century Bicycle route that run through Live Oak. – Branford and Live Oak, FL
- Plan a dinner out at the Dixie Grill & Steer Room. This landmark restaurant has been a family dining spot since 1959. – Live Oak, FL
- Try your hand at a strike and go bowling at Thunder Alley. – Live Oak, FL
- Dine at Jessica’s Bistro, then stroll through the Gateway Art Gallery. – Lake City, FL
- Take in a movie at UA Cinema 90. – Lake City, FL
- Enjoy a date of painting with instruction at Painting With A Twist. Be sure to check out the classes and availability before you go, as they fill up quickly. – Lake City, FL
No matter what your Valentine’s Day plans include, be sure the date fits your personality and interests and you can’t go wrong. Whether you choose a quiet dinner or a full day of hiking and activities, enjoy some special time as a couple.
Enjoy an Active Life at Advent Christian Village
When you are ready to explore the possibilities of independent living with your spouse, visit Advent Christian Village and discover all the activities and enjoyment that senior living can offer. Let go of the daily stresses and experience a vibrant lifestyle on our campus. For more information or to schedule a visit, contact us today.