Signs it’s Time for Assisted Living for Your Loved One
Growing up, your parents were who you looked up to. They made sure you ate properly, ensured you received a quality education and were there for you whenever you needed them. You never really had to think about the day roles would be reversed and you’d be the caregiver for your parents –that is, until now.
If one or both of your parents is struggling with housework or falling behind on paying bills, they may benefit from assisted living. Making the decision to move your loved one to an assisted living community is no easy task, but it might be the right option in order for them to truly thrive and enjoy their retirement years.
What is Assisted Living?
An assisted living facility is designed for seniors who are able to live independently but require slight assistance with daily tasks and activities. An assisted living facility provides your loved one with a combination of housing, personal care services and health care services. These services are offered to your loved one in a residential setting that provides 24-hour supervision and assistance. Assisted living communities are meant to minimize the need for your loved one to relocate as they age and their needs change and to help maximize their independence and safety.
5 Benefits of Assisted Living at Advent Christian Village
Here are just some of the benefits your parent can expect to experience when they become a resident atone of our assisted living communities:
- Maintenance-Free Lifestyle. At our assisted living communities, your loved one won’t have to worry about time-consuming tasks like household maintenance or yardwork. Instead, they can focus on hobbies and experiences they are passionate about. We provide weekly housekeeping, linens and personal laundry services to all residents.
- Delicious Dining Options. Your parent will no longer have to make the effort to go to the grocery store, buy their own food products and prepare meals every day. When they become a resident at our assisted living facility, they will enjoy three meals prepared fresh daily. We provide delicious, healthy meals that help your loved one maintain proper nutrition levels. Your loved one can also enjoy a meal with friends and family in one of our private dining rooms.
- Assistance with Daily Tasks. If your parent needs help with certain daily tasks, they would definitely benefit from becoming an assisted living resident. Our highly trained staff provides assistance with tasks like medication management and personal care, such as bathing, dressing and eating. When your loved one begins their journey with us, our team will work with you and your family to develop a personalized care plan to ensure all of your parent’s needs are met.
- 24-hour Care. Both you and your parent can rest easy knowing that our communities provide 24-hour supervision and personal assistance, should residents require it. This means your loved one is free to live as independently as they are able, but care is available whenever they should need it.
- High Quality Amenities. We want your loved one to feel comfortable and get the most out of every day. That’s why we offer a variety of amenities that are designed to enhance the living experience for all residents. Your parent can enjoy WIFI, satellite TV, beauty and barber shop services, creative classes, activities and clubs and health and wellness activities.
Discover Personalized Assisted Living at Advent Christian Village
At Advent Christian Village, we want your loved one to enjoy their retirement years and spend their days participating in activities that fuel their mind, body and spirit. That’s why our assisted living communities provide around-the-clock care, a compassionate team of professionals and vibrant services and amenities to ensure your loved one is living a full, enhanced lifestyle.
Contact us today to learn more about what life could look like for your parent in one of our assisted living communities.